www.pdhonline.com - Your Gateway to Lifelong Learning   |   Email: PDHonline@Gmail.com   
PDH Online Course Description PDH Units/
Learning Units (Hours)

Buy Now

View Course

View or Take Quiz


Metal Building SystemsAIA HSW

Matthew Stuart, PE, SE

Most all of the leading pre-engineered metal building manufacturers, through their builders/dealer networks or in-house support personnel, offer framing selection assistance. Typically the manufacturers make sure that no critical aspects of the selection process are inadvertently over-looked prior to ordering the building system. This type of assistance can be invaluable even for those designers that are familiar with the metal building approach. This course will enable the user to understand and be able to properly communicate with these sources when developing a project that involves a pre-engineered or metal building system. This course will also expose the user to both definitions and an understanding of the different types of structural framing available from pre-engineered metal building system manufacturers. In addition, this course will make it possible for a project engineer or architect to select the most economical type of structural framing system for a given building.

This course includes a multiple choice quiz at the end.

This course is registered with AIA/CES as a continuing education course for architects, and qualifies for Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) credits. Courses registered with AIA/CES are acceptable to all state licensing boards for architects.

View Course Content

NY PE & PLS: You must choose courses that are technical in nature or related to matters of laws and ethics contributing to the health and welfare of the public. NY Board does not accept courses related to office management, risk management, leadership, marketing, accounting, financial planning, real estate, and basic CAD. Specific course topics that are on the borderline and are not acceptable by the NY Board have been noted under the course description on our website.

AIA Members: You must take the courses listed under the category "AIA/CES Registered Courses" if you want us to report your Learning Units (LUs) to AIA/CES. If you take courses not registered with AIA/CES, you need to report the earned Learning Units (not qualified for HSW credits) using Self Report Form provided by AIA/CES.