www.pdhonline.com - Your Gateway to Lifelong Learning   |   Email: PDHonline@Gmail.com   
 
Current
Price
Course
Number
PDH Online Course Description PDH Units/
Learning Units (Hours)
Buy
Course
Take
Quiz
$59

Buy Now

View Course

View or Take Quiz

add_to_cart

save_for_later
C681
Special Foundations - Part I

Ruben A. Gomez, PE

The building foundation system generally accounts for a very small fraction, perhaps in the order of 5%, of the total construction cost. Therefore its design should be amply adequate and have a comfortable safety factor, so that it can safely carry the other 95% of the investment without angst and worries. Engineers, architects and builders should always keep in mind the proverbial story taught by the historic events of the famous Tower of Pisa, sometimes taken as the object of jokes and ridiculous cartoons where the architect and builder, just to save a few barrels of lime mortar and rubble, placed the safety of the entire project in a compromised position. We can only imagine how the mere sight of a progressively leaning structure, such as the one referred to, must have constantly chased them and became a dreadful nightmare for the rest of their lives.

This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end, which is designed to enhance the understanding of the course materials.


View Course Content

NY PE & PLS: You must choose courses that are technical in nature or related to matters of laws and ethics contributing to the health and welfare of the public. NY Board does not accept courses related to office management, risk management, leadership, marketing, accounting, financial planning, real estate, and basic CAD. Specific course topics that are on the borderline and are not acceptable by the NY Board have been noted under the course description on our website.

AIA Members: You must take the courses listed under the category "AIA/CES Registered Courses" if you want us to report your Learning Units (LUs) to AIA/CES. If you take courses not registered with AIA/CES, you need to report the earned Learning Units (not qualified for HSW credits) using Self Report Form provided by AIA/CES.

2